Sunday 9 September 2012

I am a Cider Drinker ....


.... and hopefully about to become a Cider Maker too. The fruit press is booked and I will be collecting it on 28th September. I'm going to send a Doodle Poll round to everyone so we can pick a weekend for Cider making. In the meantime, keep your eyes open for wild apples. We'll need to organise ourselves to make sure we've got enough time to go out and pick them before the pressing.

I'm hoping no-one minds if I have a bash at making verjuice, a kind of vinegar made from crabapples. Here's a bit more information, and if anyone wants to join me in having a go at making 'the condiment of the bard' please do.

What is Verjuice?

How to make it

On sale at £10 for 500ml!

Fingers crossed for nice weather and being allowed to use the pizza oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment