Friday 28 September 2012

Upcoming Food Events and a Pork butchery workshop on Sunday!

Adam enjoying Aldburgh 2010
I think this is what they call serendipity. "Hmm," I mused over lunch, "I'm sure the Aldburgh Food Festival is about this time of year, bet I've missed it." Upon calling on the services of Mr Google I discovered that it's actually this weekend! I checked out the workshops and guess what's running on Sunday afternoon? A pork butchery workshop! It costs £7 for a day ticket into the festival and then £15 on top of that for the workshop which I think is quite cheap.

Unfortunately it's too short notice at the moment to book spaces but the workshop isn't currently showing as sold out on the website (as some of them are) so it's a case of turning up on the day and keeping fingers crossed.





The festival itself is worth a visit and do check out the programme of fringe events - The Waveney Valley Food Festival at Bungay just cries out for a visit, surely! I'd love to do the Metfield Apple Ramble but it clashes with our cider making day.

Here's the website with full details: http://www.aldeburghfoodanddrink.co.uk/


Willow and Xanthe squabbling at Aldburgh 2010 while Tom Aitkins signs books behind them


On a much smaller scale is Goodies Farm Shop's Food and Craft Fayre. It's on 3rd and 4th November, 9 - 4pm. There are demonstrations, tasters and Santa's on hand to review Xmas lists. I haven't tried this one yet but hope to get there this year. Here's their website but it's not got huge amounts of detail about the event itself: http://www.goodiesfarmshop.co.uk/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment